Sunday, June 21, 2009
Thankful today for my wonderful dad and awesome husband that make Father's Day a HAPPY one for me. Now that I am a parent, I realize all the sacrifices that dads make. My sister and I were remembering all the different jobs my dad did growing up. He wasn't saving up for boats, or toys, he was providing for us and I had a great sense of safety and protection with my dad. One time there was a police chase going on in our neighborhood. The guy being chased plowed into our front yard, got out and ran to our back yard. My dad wouldn't just sit by and watch the police handle things. He needed to protect us. He ran to the backyard and got the guy to ensure our safety. Now he provides that same anchor to my children. His wisdom and love of life is something we treasure. Because of the example of my dad, I was able to recognize some of the same great qualities in Nathan. He gives up everything for the love of his family. He works hard and plays hard. Everyone knows that if they go to a comedic movie with Nathan, they need to be prepared. He will laugh harder and longer than anyone in the theatre! When Nathan lost his job when I was pregnant with Carsen, he didn't sit around and sulk, he started substitute teaching while looking for a job. He had a huge amount of anxiety with teaching, but he pushed past his own fears and insecurities to make sure his family was provided for. He is a great man and I love him for all that he is and all that he helps me to be!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
HI
Hi Anna,
We love your "Come What May" the music is great and you sure have a special talent for expressing yourself. Photos of the little girls in the garden is precious.
You made Dad's day. Thanks for sharing your treats. Love, Mom & Dad
You DO have a great dad. I have so many happy memories of him doing things for us so we could play in the back yard (the zip line, the play house?!) and always chuckling and having a great sense of humor. He is awesome! And so is your sweet as a button mom.
Nathan has such a tender heart and is a good example to your boys, too. Great post, Anna!
Post a Comment